The History Center is known for preserving and promoting Aransas County history..
To ensure that the history of Aransas County is preserved, showcased and celebrated through unique venues
Goals & Objectives
The Friends of the History Center will:
1. Manage a facility (venue) to showcase Aransas County heritage for visitors.
2. Collect and document artifacts important to Aransas County.
3. Educate parties interested in history with exhibits, events, programs and outreach.
4. Promote historic preservation by uniting history groups and marketing ideas.
5. Secure funding to accomplish goals.
The History Center for Aransas County is housed in the Bruhl-Paul-Johnson home.
The Queen Anne Victorian home set in Live Oaks Heights subdivision in an "Old Rockport neighborhood near downtown.
Situated in a garden of native Texas plants, the Wildscape is evocative of another time in history, an opportunity to wander among plants and "Doc" Bruhl's Herb Garden, or relax on benches among Live Oaks and watch migrating hummingbirds or other wildlife
The turn-of-the-century Bruhl-Paul-Johnson house was moved from 910 E. Concho to property at 801 E. Cedar which was donated to the county by Dr. Gary and Rita Gilbert.
JOIN THE FUN, BECOME A MEMBER AND VOLUNTEER!
Our Members are an important part of our organization, supporting research, preservation, education, gardening, fund-raising and community involvement. They provide ideas and suggestions for exhibit topics, donate family and Aransas County artifacts to our Curations Center, and volunteer as Docents. The Friends of the History Center is as all-volunteer organization and we could not accomplish our goals without them. Being a member is a chance to learn more about local history, while having fun and making a difference in Aransas County.
Join us for these programs:
- Plant Exchange: 1st Saturday of each month 10am-12noon
- Collector's Corner: 1st Sunday of each month at 2pm.
- Rockport-Fulton Tour of Historic Homes: 1st weekend in December.
- Historic Cruises: Periodically scheduled throughout the year (Check out our News & Events page for scheduled Cruises)
Be sure and check out our Gift Shop. We have some great items and all proceeds go to support The History Center for Aransas County
Meet our Board Members
2020 Board - Friends of the History Center for Aransas County
At 801 E. Cedar, Rockport TX 78382
P.O. Box 106, Fulton TX 78358
President – TBD
Vice-President – Leah Oliva
Treasurer – John Bemrose
Patricia Jo Albin
William Beasley, Jr.
Pam Wheat Stranahan
Office 361 727-9214