Our annual Rockport-Fulton Tour of Historic Homes occurs on the afternoons of Saturday, Dec.1 and Sunday, Dec. 2, from 1-5pm. What a festive tradition in Aransas County! An opportunity to get into the Christmas spirit, while learning more about the architecture, neighborhoods and people who settled here. Docents in historical dress provide details on the families, heritage, art and furnishings of each venue, often decked out in period decorations. Tickets are $15 for one or two for $25. They are available on our website or can be purchased at the door of each home.
Venues on the tour include:
- In Rockport:
- The Wendell House - 1130 E. Linden
- The Rooke-Broach home - 1030 Allen
- The Schulze home - 823 N. Austin
- The Jordan home - 310 N. Burton
- Bruhl-Paul-Johnson House: History Center for Aransas County 801 E. Cedar
- In Fulton:
- The Airstream Retreat - 108 N 2nd
- Fulton Schoolhouse Museum (1886), Daughters of the Repulic of Texas (Custodians), 205 7th St.